143 Acting information commissioner
(1) The Governor in Council may appoint a person to act as information commissioner—
(a) during a vacancy in the office; or
(b) during any period, or during all periods, when the information commissioner is absent from duty or from Australia or is, for another reason, unable to perform the duties of the office.
(2) The acting information commissioner is appointed under this Act and not the Public Service Act 2008.
(3) Before performing the duties of office, the acting information commissioner must make an oath or affirmation to the effect that he or she will faithfully and impartially perform the duties of the office.
(4) The oath must be administered by the Speaker.
(5) The Acts Interpretation Act 1954, section 25(1)(b)(iv) and (v) does not apply to the office of acting information commissioner.