Information privacy officers
The Office of the Information Commissioner provides a range of information and resources, training as well as legal resource tools for Right to Information and Information Privacy Officers.
Templates and tools
- Personal information register template (XLSX, 250.65 KB) – catalogue your personal information holdings, and key information about those holdings.
- Privacy risk register template (XLSX, 214.67 KB) – record your privacy risks, the risk level and actions you will take to mitigate these risks.
- Threshold privacy assessment template (DOTX, 63.08 KB) – complete a threshold privacy assessment to inform whether a Privacy Impact Assessment is needed.
- IPP Privacy Impact Assessment report template (DOTX, 49.75 KB) – provides an example of content that is typically included in a Privacy Impact Assessment report.
- What is personal information checklist – use this guide to determine if information is or is not personal information.
- Admin access checklist – assists agencies to identify information that may be suitable for administrative access, implement an administrative access scheme and monitor performance.
- Checklist for camera surveillance systems - use this checklist to satisfy yourself that your agency’s camera surveillance system meets the obligations in the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld).
- Report a privacy breach to OIC – use this form to notify OIC a privacy breach has occurred.
Privacy Principles - guidelines
- Application of the IP Act
- Key privacy concepts
- Contracted service providers
- Conduction workplace surveys
- Transferring personal information out of Australia
- Achieving effective privacy and information security training
- Camera Surveillance and Privacy
- Privacy and information sharing between agencies
- Privacy and information sharing for health agencies
- Step-by-step guide to Privacy Impact Assessments
- Tips for resolving privacy complaints
- Privacy breach self-assessment tool (DOCX, 49.21 KB) – helps agencies assess risk and determine if notification is advised.
- Privacy self-assessment guide – assists agencies to assess their practices, procedures and activities for compliance with the IP Act.
- Departments - website requirements checklist (PDF, 330.67 KB) – helps agencies meet publication scheme and disclosure log requirements, and compliance with IPPs 2 and 5 or NPPs 1 and 5.
- Agency self-assessment tool - preview version (DOCX, 109.16 KB) – assesses agency implementation of all the obligations contained in the RTI Act and IP Act.
- Maturity of information management - self-assessment (PDF, 177.72 KB) - assists government agencies to assess the maturity of their information management.
- Desktop audit tool for internal audit in agencies (XLSM, 372.12 KB) - can be used by staff to audit their agencies compliance with the requirements under the Right to Information Act 2009 (Qld) and the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld).
OIC offer a range of training opportunities designed primarily for Queensland government agency employees and relate to understanding and applying the legislative framework.