Students and researchers
The Office of the Information Commissioner (OIC) recognises the value of education and research to promote awareness and understanding of the Right to Information Act 2009 (Qld) (RTI Act) and the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld) (IP Act).
A range of information and resources and legal resource tools are available to assist students and researchers, including:
For community members:
- Transparency Occasional Paper 1: Transparency and Public Sector Performance (PDF, 345.48 KB)
- Transparency Occasional Paper 2: Transparency and Productivity (PDF, 780.48 KB)
- Transparency Occasional Paper 3: Transparency and Policy Implementation (PDF, 1269.21 KB)
- Transparency Occasional Paper 4: Transparency in Practice (PDF, 466.53 KB) (PDF, 478KB)
- Reviews involving repeat applicants (PDF, 330.34 KB)
Online safety - resources for teachers and parents
The program Online Safety, It Starts With You! is a free course for the schools to help teach students from Year 1 to 6 how to be safe online.
Youth teaching module
This module is designed to help students develop awareness about privacy issues, and the security of their personal information.
Protecting your online reputation (Senior secondary school students)