Queensland's information regime is set out in the Right to Information Act 2009 and the Information Privacy Act 2009. These Acts set out the responsibilities and powers of the Information Commissioner, and replace the repealed Freedom of Information Act 1992 and Information Standards 42 and 42A.
The Office of the Queensland Parliamentary Council website hosts all Queensland legislation.
Links to the legislation most relevant to the Office are provided below:
- Right to Information Act 2009 (PDF, 874KB)
- Information Privacy Act 2009 (PDF, 858KB)
- Freedom of Information Act 1992 (PDF, 808KB)
- Acts Interpretation Act 1954 (PDF, 630KB)
- Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal Act 2009 (PDF, 1MB)