108 Report to Legislative Assembly by agencies and Ministers
(1) The Minister administering this Act shall, as soon as practicable after the end of each financial year, prepare a report on the operation of this Act during that year and cause a copy of the report to be tabled in the Legislative Assembly.
(2) The report is to include details of the difficulties (if any) encountered during the year by agencies and Ministers in the administration of this Act.
(3) Each responsible Minister must, in relation to the agencies within the Minister’s portfolio and in relation to the Minister’s official documents, comply with any prescribed requirements concerning that information and the keeping of records for the purposes of this section.
(4) A report under subsection (1) must include, in relation to the financial year to which it relates, particulars of the operations of each agency and Minister under this Act including, in relation to each agency and Minister—
(a) the number of applications for access under this Act made to each agency and to each Minister; and
(b) the number of preliminary assessment notices and the number of final assessment notices given by each agency and by each Minister; and
(c) the number of decisions not to give access to a document, the provisions of this Act under which matter was classified as exempt and the number of times each provision was invoked; and
(d) the number of applications under section 52 for review of a decision, and, if the officer conducting the review confirmed, in whole or part, a decision classifying matter as exempt matter, the provision of this Act under which that decision was made; and
(e) the number of applications for amendment of information under this Act made to each agency and to each Minister; and
(f) the number of applications under section 60 for review of a decision; and
(g) the number of notices served on the principal officer of the agency under section 20(1) and the number of decisions by the principal officer that were adverse to the person’s claim; and
(h) particulars of any disciplinary action taken against an officer in relation to the administration of this Act; and
(i) the amount of fees and charges collected by the agency or Minister; and
(j) any other facts indicating an effort by the agency or Minister to implement and administer this Act.
(5) It is sufficient compliance with subsection (1) if the department’s annual report for a financial year includes a report about the matters mentioned in this section.