Follow-up of review recommendations Rockhampton Regional Council
This is a report on the implementation of recommendations of an Office of the Information Commissioner (OIC) report, tabled in Parliament during 2013/2014, about the outcomes of a review of agency performance under the Right to Information Act 2009 (Qld) (RTI Act) and the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld) (IP Act):
- Report to Parliament No. 7 of 2013/14 – Compliance Review – Rockhampton Regional Council, Review of the Rockhampton Regional Council’s compliance with the Right to Information Act 2009 (Qld) and the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld). (2013/14 Compliance Review Report)
The review analysed:
- the extent to which the Rockhampton Regional Council had a culture of openness and engaged with the community
- leadership within the agency to champion proactive release of information and good information governance
- accountability and measurement of performance
- strategies adopted to maximise disclosure; and
- compliance with specific legislative requirements.
This report examines the extent to which the 2013/14 Compliance Review Report’s recommendations have been implemented.