Follow-up of review recommendations - Queensland Universities
This is a report on the implementation of recommendations of our report, tabled in Parliament during 2014-15, about the agency performance in meeting their right to information and information privacy obligations:
Compliance Review – Queensland Universities: Griffith University; Queensland University of Technology; University of Queensland and University of Southern Queensland. Review of universities’ compliance with the Right to Information Act 2009 (Qld) and Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld).
Our original review focused on:
- the universities’ culture of openness and engagement with the community
- leadership within each university to promote proactive release of information and good information governance
- accountability and performance measurement
- strategies adopted to maximise disclosure of information
- compliance with specific legislative requirements.
We made 13 recommendations for improvement. This follow up review examines the extent to which the four universities have implemented the recommendations of our 2014-15 compliance review.