Follow-up of review recommendations Department of Education and Training
This is a report on the implementation of recommendations of an Office of the Information Commissioner (OIC) report, tabled in Parliament during 2013/2014, about the outcomes of a review of agency performance under the Right to Information Act 2009 (Qld) (RTI Act) and the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld) (IP Act):
Report to Parliament No. 4 of 2013/14 – Compliance Review – Department of Education, Training and Employment: Review of Department of Education, Training and Employment compliance with the Right to Information Act 2009 (Qld) and the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld).
The review analysed:
- the extent to which the Department of Education and Training1 had a culture of openness and engaged with the community
- leadership within the agency to champion proactive release of information and good information governance
- accountability and measurement of performance
- strategies adopted to maximise disclosure; and
- compliance with specific legislative requirements.
This report examines the extent of implementation of the report recommendations.