10 Financial hardship claim by non-profit organisation
(1) This section applies if an agency that is a department is given an objection notice in which the applicant contends charges should be waived because the applicant is a non-profit organisation in financial hardship.
(2) The agency must give the prescribed person a copy of both the application and the objection notice.
(3) The prescribed person must decide whether or not to waive any processing charge and access charge because the applicant is in financial hardship.
(4) The prescribed person must advise the agency of the decision and the reasons for the decision.
(5) For having the prescribed person’s decision reviewed under this Act, the prescribed person’s decision is taken to be the decision of the agency’s principal officer.
(6) In this section—
prescribed person means a person prescribed under a regulation as the person who decides whether any processing charge and access charge may be waived because the applicant is in financial hardship.