101P Acting commissioner
(1) The Governor in Council may appoint a person to act as commissioner—
(a) during a vacancy in the office; or
(b) during any period, or during all periods, when the commissioner is absent from duty or from Australia or is, for another reason, unable to perform the duties of the office.
(2) The acting commissioner is appointed under this Act and not the Public Service Act 1996.
(3) Before performing the duties of office, the acting commissioner must make an oath or affirmation to the effect that he or she will faithfully and impartially perform the duties of the office.
(4) The oath must be administered by the Speaker.
(5) The Acts Interpretation Act 1954, section 25(1)(b)(iv) and (v) does not apply to the office of acting commissioner.