54A Transfer of applications
(1) An agency to which an application under section 53 has been made (the original agency) may transfer the application to another agency if—
(a) the document to which the application relates is held by the original agency but is more closely related to the functions of the other agency; and
(b) the other agency consents to the transfer.
(2) If the application is transferred, the original agency must—
(a) give a copy of the document (whether or not in the form of a written document) to the other agency with the application; and
(b) immediately give the applicant written notice of the transfer, stating in the notice the day on which, and the agency to which, the application has been transferred.
(3) If the application is transferred, the application is taken—
(a) to be an application under section 53 made to the other agency; and
(b) to have been received by the other agency—
(i) on the day on which it is transferred; or
(ii) 14 days after the day on which it was received by the original agency;
whichever is the earlier.
(4) If the other agency decides to amend the information to which the application relates, then—
(a) the other agency must advise the original agency of the decision and how, under section 55, it proposes to make the amendment; and
(b) the original agency must make the same amendment to the information in the document it holds.
(5) If an application is made to an agency for amendment of information in more than 1 document, this section applies in relation to each of the documents as if separate applications had been made to the agency for amendment of information in each of the documents.
(6) In this section—
agency includes a Minister.