Amending personal information held by government
You can apply to have your Queensland government-held personal information amended if it is:
You can only amend those parts of a government document that contain your personal information.
To apply for amendment, you must:
- have seen the document or have a copy of it
- provide enough information to identify the document
- provide an address (post or email)
- specify the information you want amended
- explain how the information is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date or misleading
- suggest how you want the information changed
- complete the Information Privacy Personal Information Amendment Application Form (PDF, 88KB)
- send the completed form to the Queensland Government agency who holds your personal information
- provide evidence of your identity.
An application to amend personal information is free.
Further information is available in information and resources, or contact us.