(1) For each financial year, the information commissioner must develop, adopt and submit to the Minister a budget for the OIC not later than the day the Minister directs.
(2) A budget has no effect until approved by the Minister.
(3) During a financial year the commissioner may develop, adopt and submit to the Minister amendments to the OIC's budget.
(4) An amendment has no effect until approved by the Minister.
(5) The OIC must comply with its budget.
(6) This section does not require the commissioner to give the Minister any details that would, if given, prejudice a current investigation or review by the commissioner.