Webinar: Dealing with difficult conduct
The purpose of this workshop is to assist information access and privacy practitioners to understand and manage difficult conduct as it appears in their routine work. In this session we will cover core communication skills while also focusing on the legislative tools available to decision makers so they can make decisions that promote the objectives of the legislation. This workshop is not only about negotiating resolutions, but rather understanding how to effectively manage difficult or unreasonable conduct by one or more parties.
- Understanding the causes of difficult and challenging behaviour
- Applying strategies to build rapport while maintaining your independence
- Recognising unacceptable conduct
- Identifying the relevant legislative tools to manage difficult conduct
- Knowing your obligations in managing difficult conduct
- Applying core case management strategies to assist with difficult conduct management
- Understanding how to effectively set and communicate limits.
Who will deliver the training?
The training will be facilitated by experienced Office of the Information Commissioner staff.
When and where will it be conducted?
When: 9:30am to 12pm, Tuesday, 9 November 2021.
Where: Online via Microsoft Teams meeting. A link to join the webinar will be sent to registered participants on Friday, 5 November 2021.
There is no fee associated with this training.
Subscribe to our news feed to be notified of future training opportunities.