Transport and Main Roads Compliance Review
The Office of the Information Commissioner has released the report ‘Compliance Review—Department of Transport and Main Roads: Review of the Department of Transport and Main Roads’ compliance with the Right to Information Act 2009 (Qld) and Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld).
- Compliance Review - Department of Transport and Main Roads
- Comments by Information Commissioner Julie Kinross
The report reviews the Department of Transport and Main Roads’s (TMR) compliance with the Right to Information Act 2009 (Qld) and Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld).
The report contains six recommendations, all of which have been accepted by TMR, and includes key findings such as:
- TMR regularly publishes valuable public sector information as a matter of course, via their publication scheme and disclosure log.
- TMR’s approach to requests for information is of a high standard, and other agencies should consider adopting their practices as a guide to efficient and client-focused information management.
- Overall, TMR has an open culture, focused on the release of information to the community.