Closer to the machine: Artificial Intelligence e-book
The Office of the Victorian Information Commissioner (OVIC) has published an e-book on the social, technological, and ethical issues surrounding the growing use of artificial intelligence (AI). The public sector is increasingly turning to AI technologies to carry out its functions, develop and inform policy, and deliver services to its citizens.
OVIC co-authored the e-book with eight AI experts and it covers:
- Understanding AI
- A matter of perspective: discrimination, bias and inequality in AI
- Algorithmic transparency and decision-making accountability
- Thoughts for buying machine learning algorithms
- AI in the public interest
- Algorithms, neural networks and other machine learning techniques
- Data security and AI
- Regulating AI.